Music of my Heart!

Shane died at the age of 14. When I dream of him he often comes to me at this age. The age where I would hold and cuddle him as a baby.

You can visit Shane at
http://www.shaneellis.virtual-memorials.com

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Until I see you again.....Happy Birthday Baby


It is the night before Shane's 22nd birthday. I have found this year to be one of the hardest. I have tried so hard to adjust to not seeing my son, Dustin on a regular basis after his wedding in April. Now I know he is exactly where he is suppose to be married, happy and with a great girl, but can someone please tell my heart that.

The last couple of months I have cried at the drop of a hat. It seems almost out of control. I somehow think that this empty nest would be alot easier is Shane was here. If Shane was here all the world would be just perfect. Now I rarely see Dustin and Shane is gone forever. Where does my life go from here. Everyone says, well next will be grandbabies, like that will fix everything. Nothing will make Shanes loss any less and someday having grandbabies does not comfort me today.

I remember thinking how would I ever make it a year without Shane and now it has been almost 8. 8 years. How can that be when the pain is so fresh and raw. 8 years. I can barely breathe when it hits my tough. It seems so far away from me. He seems so far away from me.

I wonder if he would still be that caring little boy. Sensitive to everyone and their feelings. Loving and comforting. Would he still be close to me as he was? I can only dream of what that would feel like, but somehow I know he would.

The anticipation of his birthday is generally worse than the day itself. I will try to fill the day doing things for his birthday and in his memory, but as for tonight, I think I will sit here a cry for a while. Until I can be with you again someday Shane, I love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY....

1 comment:

sasha naomi said...

I saw that you figured out how to post my polyvore on your blog...sorry for not getting back, I was going to today. I am thinking about you and Shanie all day and how much he is still missed. And I am thinking about how you, his mother, hurt more than any of us because Shane loved you most and you were most a part of him. No matter how many years go by, Shane is missed that much more and that many more tears are shed for him. He is never, and will never be forgotten.

Listen to In Memory of Shane


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
To all who mourn…he will give beauty for ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of despair. For the Lord has planted them like strong and graceful oaks for his own glory. …I cannot remain silent. I will not stop praying for her until her righteousness shines like the dawn, and her salvation blazes like a burning torch.” Isaiah 61:1-2a, 3 & 62:1b NLT
“…that time of darkness and despair will not go on forever. The people who walk in darkness will see a great light… For God will break the chains that bind his people…” Isaiah 9:1a, 2a, 4a NLT